Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintaining Mental Function and staving off insanity post SHTF
20 July 2013, 08:11,
RE: Maintaining Mental Function and staving off insanity post SHTF
(20 July 2013, 07:11)Scythe13 Wrote: It's not just going to be silence that will cause issues, please let's not focus just on that. It's also the lack of activity, entertainment, and if you're bugging in, light.

Let's say you're bugging in, for this example, as that's the plan most people seem to be following.

First off, you do have black out curtains, right? Okay, good. Now, even with those in place, are you going to risk a candle giving away your position? It's day 9 of bugging in, and you keep hearing random noises at irregular intervals and times. Your glow in the dark watch says it's 11pm. Are you putting that candle on to see what's going on? That torch will be really bright too. Maybe a cheaper crap torch would be a wise purchase. Okay, you don't have TV, because it's day 10. You're still not planning on going outside. Confined to your castle for another 24 hours, at least. The TV is down, you listen to your radio on headphones, just incase the noise gives you away. What else will you be doing? TV has been down since day 2. Do you have enough books to read that you've not already gone through? What about boredgames (haha, see what I did there?).

Cabin fever is a dangerous thing!!!

a lot of peoplle here are growing food. wouldnt you be tending the plants during the day?
I imagine a little recon would too even if it is just out a window.i have some night vision so no torches.
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maintaining Mental Function and staving off insanity post SHTF - by SecretPrepper - 20 July 2013, 08:11