Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is something I had not considered before
12 August 2013, 13:31,
RE: Here is something I had not considered before
(12 August 2013, 10:56)bigpaul Wrote:
(11 August 2013, 19:06)BeardyMan Wrote: We're one of the few countries that truly waste water. We must use millions of litres of drinking water a day, flushing the toilet....

What a waste.

I don't understand why in the 21st Century we are still using drinking quality water to flush the bogs? it shouldn't be that hard to divert rain water from the roof gutters into a tank in the roof space and piped to the back of the toilet....they can do it with some new houses so why cant they do it for older ones? oh silly me! the water companies wouldn't get as much money then would they-as its not going through the meters !Big GrinBig Grin

What has it to do with the Water Companies. If people convert their toilets to use rain water then that is up to them. Many have, many are starting to do so. But nothing to do with your water company. Do you get your local garage to tell you to choose a smaller fuel efficient car? Of course not.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here is something I had not considered before - by Skean Dhude - 12 August 2013, 13:31