Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to stay put when you're near London?
11 August 2013, 19:32,
RE: Is it possible to stay put when you're near London?
You've got young kids, like myself. Well, that makes things much trickier when it comes to bugging in/out.

Bugging out with child in tow won't be easy. You tried to keep children quiet in a restaurant, or when you're out? Impossible. Now imagine that in a high stress situation when you're trying to hide - you're in trouble. Then you have to carry all the usual stuff, as well as all the gear they need too.

It sounds like you're immediate area isn't too bad, and you do have resources available close by. BUT, what's the area like 10 minutes walk down the road?

People say that they can't move for X, Y and Z reasons, which is fair enough, but if you sit back and think about these problems objectively, 90% of them are "I don't want to move because of..." rather than "it's impossible for us to move because of..."

I leave my missus & 2.4167 year old on a Tuesday morning @ 0445-ish, and return at 2130 on a Thursday - just so we can live out in the sticks. I travel just over 200 miles to work. Costs a fortune in fuel, but rent is cheaper. I put up with the 400 miles a week so I know that should anything happen they're both 100% safe. Only been here 8 or 9 weeks and I've already built up a decent support network in the village. It was a good friend from here who actually found us the house.

So, never say never, nothing's impossible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to stay put when you're near London? - by BeardyMan - 11 August 2013, 19:32