Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How often do you check your stored kit?
4 September 2013, 10:44,
How often do you check your stored kit?
I have recently had two lessons in the importance of regularly checking your kit. Not just that it is there, but also that it works properly.
The first was when I needed a headtorch. I took the one from my EDC only to find the battery completely dead. It was put in new, only about 3 or 4 months before and I'm reasonably certain the torch had not switched on. I now carry the battery separately with the spares.
The second incident was two days later. Within moments of putting sausage and bacon in the oven there was a power cut. Not a problem I thought, I'll get the gas stove out that I always carry in the car. Wouldn't light. The jet was blocked. It had worked ok when checked as part of last winters preparations for the snow. It didn't take long to get a pricker out of the primus tin in the garage and get it working but if I'd been away from home it would have been a big problem. As it turned out, by the time I got the stove working the electric was back on.
I shall now be checking more regularly.

Messages In This Thread
How often do you check your stored kit? - by Dorset Lad - 4 September 2013, 10:44
RE: How often do you check your stored kit? - by Leigh - 4 September 2013, 22:29
RE: How often do you check your stored kit? - by Kiril - 7 September 2013, 12:07
RE: How often do you check your stored kit? - by Leigh - 8 September 2013, 22:25
RE: How often do you check your stored kit? - by Leigh - 9 September 2013, 10:41
RE: How often do you check your stored kit? - by Leigh - 24 September 2013, 22:04