Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Tools
23 October 2011, 12:29,
RE: Basic Tools
Lately I have been trying to build up a good selection of hand tools that require no power (other than elbow grease). Mainly I have been getting them from boot sales and junk shops, anything from Planes and chisels to Saws and garden tools etc.

I have about 4 hand drills now and have been using them for small jobs around the houseand to practice using them but they are very hard work when being used on masonry.

You can pick up lots of old tools for next to nothing at these sales and with a bit of tlc and sharpening are as good, if not better, than what you will buy down at B&Q

I only really started thinking about non power tools in the last few months so have a long way to go before I am satisfied that I have covered most angles, but at least it isn't expensive.

Another related thing it is well worth stocking up on are nails, screws, and wall plugs. Any big job could require thousands of them. I know you would be able to reclaim a lot of nails and screws but having a good stock in hand would also be a great help

Messages In This Thread
Basic Tools - by Skean Dhude - 13 September 2011, 10:55
RE: Basic Tools - by Skvez - 13 September 2011, 13:46
RE: Basic Tools - by grumpy old man - 13 September 2011, 17:12
RE: Basic Tools - by Brian - 15 September 2011, 15:13
RE: Basic Tools - by hopy66 - 1 October 2011, 18:21
RE: Basic Tools - by iaaems - 23 October 2011, 08:32
RE: Basic Tools - by JD1 - 23 October 2011, 12:29