Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency Network
11 September 2013, 11:20,
Emergency Network
Hello everyone

Quick question. It was going to be in the comms section, but my lovely laptop is screwing up and not letting me do that :-( So it's going in the open box instead. Hope you're all ready for this....

When everything goes down, we will need to hear what's going on, right?

McC said in one of my earlier threads that he would wind up his radio and listen in. Great plan. My question is, what channel would you listen in on?

I've been trying to gather information on the UK's emergency broadcast frequency. So far, I can't find anything really useful.

The best I've found is a few people believing the BBC would be used and broadcast over their radio channels. This makes sense. The main ones being R1 and R4. Makes sense.

I know the emergency broadcast network was decommissioned, according to what I've found.

The problem gets even more complicated when I look at the other possible scenarios. All TV is now digital. We apparently no longer have non-digital TV (we don't have a TV, so I'm not up to date with that). Many radio channels are switching to digital media as well, which may well screw up for all I know (I don't know much about digital radio, so pardon me if that's an ignorant statement).

Any help on emergency broadcast frequencies and the alike would be much appreciated!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Emergency Network - by Scythe13 - 11 September 2013, 11:20
RE: Emergency Network - by MCavity - 11 September 2013, 11:23
RE: Emergency Network - by Lightspeed - 11 September 2013, 11:44
RE: Emergency Network - by Jonas - 11 September 2013, 19:14
RE: Emergency Network - by Lightspeed - 11 September 2013, 19:34
RE: Emergency Network - by Highlander - 11 September 2013, 22:16