Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storing tins in a damp environment
20 October 2013, 18:47,
RE: Storing tins in a damp environment
(20 October 2013, 17:46)Straight Shooter Wrote: Like a have already said , if yo insulate all around your containers weather it be straw,quilt insulation then cover with clingfilm this should protect your tins.....better still fill the voids around your tins with vermicalite or simular , don't forget condensasion I know this is expensive but it wold be such a waste and moral buster o open a tin of shit, when I was a kid grampy used to store spud,sweedes,and carrots in layers of straw in the old barn ......like most farmers did.......this worked a treat......and apples comet to think of it .....then he would stack bales around that to make a clamp ....they could I'll afford to waste any food then , adopt those ways they are well tried and tested.

This tablet is pissing me rite off!

Auto-correct is great isn't it Smile I might give the shed a miss, stick the storage boxes in the loft & put a roll of loft insulation over them. Just wish I could get the wife more onboard. Still, storing a months worth of food that she tolerates is better than when I 1st set out prepping.

Messages In This Thread
Storing tins in a damp environment - by Geordie_Rob - 14 October 2013, 23:52
RE: Storing tins in a damp environment - by bigpaul - 15 October 2013, 11:59
RE: Storing tins in a damp environment - by bigpaul - 20 October 2013, 13:57
RE: Storing tins in a damp environment - by Tibbs735 - 20 October 2013, 14:13
RE: Storing tins in a damp environment - by Geordie_Rob - 20 October 2013, 18:47
RE: Storing tins in a damp environment - by I-K-E - 31 October 2013, 09:35