Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What we expect our vehicles to do?
31 December 2013, 19:55,
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do?
(31 December 2013, 17:42)Mortblanc Wrote: Vehicle preferences can go on and on and do become either boring or unrealistic, depending on the situation at hand.

One either buys a vehicle for the apocalypse and makes it work in the real world or buys a vehicle for today and hopes to try and make it work during the apocalypse.

At least that is what this diversion from the OP has turned into.

What I ask of my vehicle today will not be its expectations if a major stoppage of reality occurs. In that case I will be driving nowhere because there should, theoretically, be nowhere to go!

In spite of that I need my vehicle and some fuel.

Once my 2500 gallons of water runs out I will be forced to go to the nearby lake and fetch water home. That will be much easier using the Jeep and trailer with pump for filling the water tanks.

It may be that while wondering about the countryside I find a treasure of materials that needs transporting back to the home place. The Jeep and trailer might be handy for that venture also.

There are also the generator capabilities of the vehicle, using its inverter as power for construction projects, emergency lighting and providing 12v power for the house if the solar panels allow the battery bank to go flat.

There are also some serious power applications the vehicle can accomplish while sitting immobile, from running a thrashing machine to a sawmill or grist mill.

Additionally, in a world full of people now afoot, having a rapid exit capability might be handy. Even over bad roads and broken asphalt making a 30 MPH escape from a 3mph pursuit seems a no brainer.

Anyone that doubts the ability of either a Jeep or a Landrover to negotiate harsh terrain has never been off-roading at anywhere near the limits of either vehicle.

I totally agree, but then as driver of a Land Rover Defender I would wouldn't I lol!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by Scythe13 - 2 December 2013, 20:59
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by bigpaul - 3 December 2013, 10:33
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by bigpaul - 3 December 2013, 10:55
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by bigpaul - 3 December 2013, 14:48
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by bigpaul - 3 December 2013, 16:11
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by MaryN - 3 December 2013, 20:23
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by bigpaul - 4 December 2013, 10:03
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by Mongrel - 30 December 2013, 10:46
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by bigpaul - 30 December 2013, 12:08
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by Timelord - 31 December 2013, 00:16
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by Lightspeed - 31 December 2013, 06:41
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by Mortblanc - 31 December 2013, 17:42
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by Devonian - 31 December 2013, 19:55
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by Highlander - 31 December 2013, 20:37
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by Devonian - 31 December 2013, 21:22
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by bigpaul - 1 January 2014, 13:31
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by bigpaul - 4 January 2014, 18:55
RE: What we expect our vehicles to do? - by bigpaul - 5 January 2014, 10:51