Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long do I cut the limbs for PMR 446?
20 December 2013, 13:38, (This post was last modified: 20 December 2013, 13:42 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: How long do I cut the limbs for PMR 446?
The brat is using a slightly longer than standard rubber duck on the hand set I bought that is what the Baofengs usually often get, though both are clearly marked as being FM 136-174 /400-520 Mhz.

The dipole is mounted verically exactly as the diagram, with the cable approaching the choccy block horizontally, the inner soldered to the upper pointing vertical limb and the outer shielding soldered to the downward pointing vertical limb .

I just had a look at a N type connector theres no way on earth I could solder something that small Smile, the power connections on my model railway still are so bulky the train often jumps Smile Smile

Your advice is clear, concise and greatly appreciated Smile
NR

I'm going to see if I can borrow and SWR meter that does that range of Mhz cos my CB one is no where near.

An NR armed with nothing more than a 4 watt soldering iron can make the street lights flicker and the whole streets house lights dim !! I would probably create a nuclar meltdown trying to solder a N connector Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: How long do I cut the limbs for PMR 446? - by NorthernRaider - 20 December 2013, 13:38