Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potholes, worse than I realised
10 March 2014, 21:05,
RE: Potholes, worse than I realised
(10 March 2014, 17:18)BeardyMan Wrote:
(10 March 2014, 16:52)Mortblanc Wrote: Has it been six months and time for our semiannual pothole thread already?

Yup Smile

How are your potholes MB?

I manage to avoid most of the pot holes that blight our roads, mostly by looking where I'm driving.

Oh we have our share, especially after repeated -30 freezes and thaws and the heavy traffic on most of our roadways. Just a fact of life and nothing to obsess over.

When the weather changes the road crews will come out and fill them. Since potholes are a repeat performance they are included in the repair budget and not ignored as if they would never happen again.

We even have a "hot line" for reporting the ones that threaten to swallow small vehicles and dog carts. The crew will rush out, take photos and put them on the local news to show what a timely and necessary service they are providing.

Which brings up the point that SHTF, as we always stress, will not bring the instant melting of the roadways. They will be no worse one year after total SHTF than they are right now. Two or three years and one will need to drive slowly and bounce through the gaps in pavement. 5 years down the trail, well, that is why I bought the 4wd.

But two or three years down the way you will be more concerned about obtaining petrol for your tractor/tiller than for your auto, and you likely will not have much visiting or shopping to do.

Amazing is it not that at the top of the forum we are considering the outbreak of WW3 and at the bottom or greatest worry is a hole in the road.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potholes, worse than I realised - by bigpaul - 10 March 2014, 12:29
RE: Potholes, worse than I realised - by bigpaul - 10 March 2014, 14:04
RE: Potholes, worse than I realised - by bigpaul - 10 March 2014, 14:28
RE: Potholes, worse than I realised - by bigpaul - 10 March 2014, 17:39
RE: Potholes, worse than I realised - by Mortblanc - 10 March 2014, 21:05
RE: Potholes, worse than I realised - by bigpaul - 11 March 2014, 09:52
RE: Potholes, worse than I realised - by bigpaul - 11 March 2014, 16:56