Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to site a vibrant PA community after TSHTF
15 March 2014, 21:13,
RE: Where to site a vibrant PA community after TSHTF
Building on the above, if we are talking ideally, then lets say old riverside towns but with resistance to climate change, flooding and erosion. There is more wild food to be foraged near the coast, apparently, which may be an added consideration, especially for winter months.
Further, we might want to choose places that have had minimal damage from industrial agriculture in the past, thus safeguarding our own food production....and near nuclear power stations probably aint a good idea.
But talking realistically, a lot of people are going to have the same ideas, and the way I live my life now is to stay put, and gradually, very gradually get to know my local area like the back of my hand over the next few decades. If you know an area well it might be a better basis for surviving and thriving than moving to a better equipped area that you don't know. For me, horse and cycle travel will be big factors in this future, and I envisage there being a lot more horse-friendl;y routes naturally opening up. Of course horse and cycling can be mutually supportive of canal and river travel.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where to site a vibrant PA community after TSHTF - by Strive - 15 March 2014, 21:13