Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Prepping Clothing
18 March 2014, 21:54,
Summer Prepping Clothing
This is a really quick post, because it just caught my mind.

In life I look at the extremes, as they inform the middle ground. Well, I thought about climate change and the alike, and about how much gear would be needed for a super cold winter, number and sets of thermals including different sizes we'd require in a potential 5 year period, and the alike. Simple enough.

But, I have a habit of wearing shorts. So, the other extreme from arctic clothing is summer/desert clothing.

We had a pretty hot summer last year, and a very warm winter (by winter standards). So if the world is getting hotter, would your 'summer gear' be up to the job of lasting, and of being adequate for carrying your gear?

I wear MMA shorts for 9 months of the year, and very few pairs have a 'pocket'. It can't be called a real pocket, because you can't even fit a phone into it. A credit card at most.

So, do you have enough summer prep gear, should something happen in the summer that required you to change the way you dressed? Even though I have loads of pairs of MMA shorts, I'd say 'No, I don't have enough summer clothing.'

This has caused me to add cargo shorts to my list of clothing, to buy ASAP. Nice and simple colours, browns, khaki, black, multi cam, and that kind of thing. The same with vests, tshirts and the alike. I have plenty, but they are mostly not neutral or tactical colours.

Just a quick thought, WTSHTF, will you have enough warm weather clothing available?

This leads on to the question, when winter kicks in, will you have enough clothing to stay warm if you're warm weathered up?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Summer Prepping Clothing - by Scythe13 - 18 March 2014, 21:54
RE: Summer Prepping Clothing - by Midnitemo - 18 March 2014, 22:18
RE: Summer Prepping Clothing - by Devonian - 18 March 2014, 22:35
RE: Summer Prepping Clothing - by Mortblanc - 18 March 2014, 22:56
RE: Summer Prepping Clothing - by SecretPrepper - 19 March 2014, 12:29
RE: Summer Prepping Clothing - by bigpaul - 19 March 2014, 12:36
RE: Summer Prepping Clothing - by CharlesHarris - 19 March 2014, 15:00
RE: Summer Prepping Clothing - by Mortblanc - 19 March 2014, 16:57
RE: Summer Prepping Clothing - by BeardyMan - 19 March 2014, 18:03