Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
21 March 2014, 09:56, (This post was last modified: 21 March 2014, 10:20 by bigpaul.)
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
there are at least 2 choke points I know of in this scenario. the first is Tiverton Parkway where the A361(North Devon link road) joins the M5, another is near Exeter where the M5 ends and joins the A30(West) and the A38(Devon Expressway), given a few storms, some trees down and some flooding..Dawlish, Cowley Bridge to name but 2, flooding across the Somerset Levels between Glastonbury and Taunton, some parts of the A377(Exeter to Barnstaple road) have recently fallen into the river and are currently under repair. you can see it wouldn't take much post SHTF to make the West Country cut off from the rest of the country .that's even if these so called "refugees" had enough fuel to even get half way, and what about tail backs and traffic jams, to say nothing of scavengers and looters?

in any case even if they make it here-which I somehow doubt- they will head for the coast, Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, Torcross, Dawlish, Teignmouth,through the South Hams and on to Plymouth and down into Cornwall, I doubt if many have the knowledge to go "wild" camping, they will head for the camp sites and caravan parks where they have stayed and "been entertained" before, most kids these days have to be "entertained" even on holiday, very few will have any idea of where they will obtain food and water, outside of a few fishermen and someone who may have some vague recollection of rock pools.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture - by bigpaul - 21 March 2014, 09:56