Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
21 March 2014, 14:50,
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
BP,
re: I doubt very few in number will actually make it here, given the distances that these "refugee's" have to travel.

In my pre-prepping days, I held enough reserve fuel to give me about 1000 mile range. In in that mind set I'd have been considering the Northern part of Devon, not the South as its quieter and I know my way around better. I would not have been alone in this.

The key point in your comment are the words very few, and I agree with you.

S13
Why are you annoyed with Pareto?.... he died long ago :-) I was using the term correctly of all the 100% of capable campers, only 20% can be a assumed to have the get-up-and-go needed to break inertia. The value I was calculating was even less (10%)

To no one in particular:
It might also be wise to consider that among outdoor types, like campers, that there would be a higher than average number with map-reading and navigation skills, so blocked roads would be able to be bypassed.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture - by Lightspeed - 21 March 2014, 14:50