Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What we can learn from Crimea
30 March 2014, 09:25,
RE: What we can learn from Crimea
thats a great "on the ground" post LL, really hope it goes okay for these folk during this transition period ...although it will probs get harder for all concerned as time goes on ! im guessing that they have "inherited" that war/post war spirit from their familys elders......they cope..they pool resources..they trust each other possibly....its what will not/would not happen over here ..like facts mentioned on the forum before is people don't know who their neighbours are these days /don't want too /don't need to /fuck you im alright Jack attitude. I can remember days of half day closing on Wed and the "odd" shop opening on a sunday for papers etc...see I reakon its all lost since the councils "modernised the houses " at the very early 80s...this is my thoughts ...they ripped out the old larders made of breeze block...we had to buy a 2nd hand fridge ....they banged a gas fire and afew (3) radiators in the house , ripped out the arga cooker that was heated from the coal fire...gone ....your now reliant on gas...hooked up to the pipeline and now reliant on a "dealer" to sell you what you need via the governments kindness to modernise your council dwelling....COAL =OUT...GAS=IN....embrace the fridge!!??
Shops opened weds/ supermarkets sprung up more locally and opened longer...my point is when my parents ran short of say half a loaf/butter/sugar they would ask the "older couple next door " over the fence ...all these people are dead now , they grew up during the World wars 1 and 2, to me its that spirit that died and think a lot of us over a certain age on here remember that "helping " your neighbours bit.
The peple in our streets are youngish /chav breeding machines with the ME ME ME /now now now mindset ...they haven't a fucking clue ...I wouldn't trust these little bastards to take a parcel for me ....let alone do the old "im going on holiday ..can I leave you a spare key " thing ..remember that ??? I do ..my point then is after an EVENT ..in the UK ..no one ..will be helping no one ....and that's the way this horrible /greedy fucking country is heading.....no one remembers the Wars...the people that were "sent" away by the gov to die in wars abroad. we are due another War .......RW

Messages In This Thread
What we can learn from Crimea - by Little Lou - 29 March 2014, 22:54
RE: What we can learn from Crimea - by River Song - 30 March 2014, 07:03
RE: What we can learn from Crimea - by RoadWarrior - 30 March 2014, 09:25
RE: What we can learn from Crimea - by bigpaul - 30 March 2014, 10:37
RE: What we can learn from Crimea - by bigpaul - 30 March 2014, 11:34
RE: What we can learn from Crimea - by Little Lou - 30 March 2014, 11:41
RE: What we can learn from Crimea - by Nix - 30 March 2014, 11:46
RE: What we can learn from Crimea - by bigpaul - 30 March 2014, 11:52
RE: What we can learn from Crimea - by Little Lou - 30 March 2014, 12:29
RE: What we can learn from Crimea - by bigpaul - 30 March 2014, 12:36
RE: What we can learn from Crimea - by Little Lou - 30 March 2014, 13:08