Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the Land owners?
7 April 2014, 13:18,
RE: Who are the Land owners?
(7 April 2014, 12:46)Razoromero Wrote: Hi everyone. I was wondering how you go about finding out who owns pieces of land out in the sticks? Not fields and farmland as such but the apparently wild, overgrown wooded areas in all the spaces between towns and villages etc. Say I wanted to go out camping with my son to practice bushcraft skills I would want to be able to light fires, fish, build shelters and stuff without risking getting into bother like trespassing and cries of "Get orf moi laaaand!"
I mean, where can you go carrying knives and fire starting kits without getting hassled by anyone?

Cheers!

The further into the 'wilderness' you go, the less chance there is of being hassled.

If you can find a national park, check the rules and see what they say. For example, on Dartmoor you can't have an open fire unless in designated areas. So it makes sense to find those areas and work accordingly.

One great trick, go to meets where people are testing their BOB's. Usually they'll be in places that allows for these skills to be practiced. If you have a garden, that's still a step in the right direction.

Personally, I shoot on a lot of land, rabbits, rats, and other pest control. So I have got to know a lot of land owners that way.

Quite often, if you just pop over to a farm house and talk to a farmer, you'd be surprised how cool some of them are.

One guy lets me go out and shoot for as long as I want, providing I drop him a text saying when I'll be down there. Then as long as I'm not stupid with fires and the alike, he's cool to let me do whatever. He said he was going to pop over next time I'm out and about and join in. Other farmers have just told me to bugger off. But you never know, unless you try.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Who are the Land owners? - by Razoromero - 7 April 2014, 12:46
RE: Who are the Land owners? - by Scythe13 - 7 April 2014, 13:18
RE: Who are the Land owners? - by bigpaul - 7 April 2014, 13:23
RE: Who are the Land owners? - by NorthernRaider - 7 April 2014, 13:25
RE: Who are the Land owners? - by Midnitemo - 7 April 2014, 16:45
RE: Who are the Land owners? - by Razoromero - 7 April 2014, 23:55
RE: Who are the Land owners? - by Devonian - 8 April 2014, 01:24
RE: Who are the Land owners? - by Razoromero - 8 April 2014, 22:48
RE: Who are the Land owners? - by Ajax - 29 May 2021, 22:58