Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazy Boy Fishing
10 May 2016, 16:56,
RE: Lazy Boy Fishing
if you want a legal lazy fishing technique with very little effort involved why not try "Nightlining" ?
All you need are a couple of scrap pieces of wood,something like washing line,(paracord would be excellent but pricey),a spade or fork(An entrenching tool would do)some 30lb nylon fishing line, as many hooks as you want to bait(Preferably stainless steel), bait, and most importantly the local tide table.
this method works best on sandy,shallow beaches where the tide goes out a decent distance.
So here is the procedure
1 Take 2 scrap pieces of wood about the area of a shoe box and more than 1cm thick( note I said wood fibreboard or ply won't work not robust enough) and make a hole in the centre of each anything between 3-5 mm its not critical.
2 Fix (knot) both ends of the paracord each to a board
3 Lets assume you use 10 metres length every metre tie an overhand knot to form a SMALL loop.
4 Tie the hooks (I find size 2/0 to be ideal) onto 45cm or so of line (18" in old money ).
5 At the other end from the hook tie an overhand knot to form a small loop.
6 These lengths (Called snoods) can now easily be fastened to the main line(paracord) using a simple cow hitch onto the loops you formed.
7 Off to the beach to coincide with LOW water(Use a tide table to find your local low water time)
8 Go down the beach and find a suitable spot I'll talk more about that later But NOT down as far as the low water level but anything in that last quarter of the sand would be suitable.
9 Dig a hole and bury one end.(About 50cms is ideal)
10 Stretch out your mainline (paracord) and whilst maintaining tension bury the other board.
11 Bait your hooks and fasten one snood to each of the loops.(More about bait later)
12 Now don't leave the beach until the incoming tide covers your line !
13 Go home and sleep !
14 Get up BEFORE low water go to the beach with the aim of being there as the receding tide uncovers your line, and as it does harvest your bounty!
It sounds much more complicated than it actually is but its fishing for you whilst you are doing something else again if you want to fish with rod and line good for you i'm not knocking it just trying to make life easier.

Messages In This Thread
Lazy Boy Fishing - by Scythe13 - 9 April 2014, 11:35
RE: Lazy Boy Fishing - by BeardyMan - 9 April 2014, 13:28
RE: Lazy Boy Fishing - by Midnitemo - 9 April 2014, 15:01
RE: Lazy Boy Fishing - by BeardyMan - 9 April 2014, 15:08
RE: Lazy Boy Fishing - by swbirdy64 - 10 May 2016, 16:56
RE: Lazy Boy Fishing - by sethorly - 10 April 2017, 21:02
RE: Lazy Boy Fishing - by Tartar Horde - 11 May 2016, 12:16
RE: Lazy Boy Fishing - by Tartar Horde - 11 May 2016, 12:52
RE: Lazy Boy Fishing - by swbirdy64 - 12 May 2016, 12:03