Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police seize one of 'biggest ever arsenal of firearms' in east London
18 April 2014, 16:52,
RE: Police seize one of 'biggest ever arsenal of firearms' in east London
No, the days of dirt cheap ammo are over, at least they are in my neighborhood. The commercial cost of ammo over here is staggering.

7.62 NATO = $1 per shot (same for any other 30 caliber round)
5.56 NATO = $0.50 per shot
.45 acp = $0.75 per shot
9mm = $0.50 per shot

Even though I reload I have the cost of jacketed bullets to consider when using most semi-auto and full auto-weapons. Jacketed bullets are $0.28 each, primers are $0.04 each and powder runs $0.10 for a total of $0.42 per shot on reloads in the rifle calibers.

I wind up shooting a lot of Russian ammo due to the cost. AK ammo runs $0.23 per shot and 7.62x54 is $0.18 per shot. Which means I can shoot my Russian hardware cheaper than I can purchase components to reload NATO rounds.

That is coming to an end also, with the embargo against Russian imports our dictator just signed.

I am not really sure where he intends to get all the AK ammo he has been supplying to the Iraq and Afgan security forces once that goes into effect? Probably it is one of those import restrictions that only applies to civilians and the U.S. government will still buy directly from the Russian state arsenals. Probably is not a problem with Obama and Putin having joint ownership.

Or he may intend to commandeer the American ammo factories to that production and make our ammo shortage over here even more acute. So much production has been going to the government for the past 10 years it has created an intense ammo shortage, due to artificial demand, and the shelves are nearly bare of all "common calibers", and have been for 2 years.

People are putting off some gun purchases until they are certain they can obtain ammo for their chosen caliber.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Police seize one of 'biggest ever arsenal of firearms' in east London - by Mortblanc - 18 April 2014, 16:52