Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women, eh?
10 May 2014, 21:28,
Women, eh?
It is always interesting to read the latest posts on this Forum, and I would like to direct this question to the chaps.

I notice that many of you are interested in the bushcraft, hunting, weapons, well basically the macho manly stuff, posts. The more family-based postings related to healthcare, food and some sorts of food production seem to be given the cursory pass (as if that's the easy part, and now back to the real cowboys and indians stuff), but do you have any ideas how your spouses/partners are going to react in a SHTF situation? Do you think they will be cowering indoors while you man the barricades? Will there be a lot of eye-rolling at yet another lot of chap-stuff; this while your partners start to prep up the next meal? Are they tolerant of your prepping-related activities or do they think you've lost the plot?

I ask because I know my own reaction. Luckily OH is a calm man and would no doubt consider the situation before taking action. Great stuff. In no case, however, am I going to hoick a bag over my shoulder and trek off into the unknown because there are troubles brewing, and I suspect many women would simply roll their eyes and start hoovering.

Do you [/u]think you really know your partners?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Women, eh? - by MaryN - 10 May 2014, 21:28
RE: Women, eh? - by Bucket - 10 May 2014, 22:37
RE: Women, eh? - by Scythe13 - 10 May 2014, 22:45
RE: Women, eh? - by CharlesHarris - 10 May 2014, 23:08
RE: Women, eh? - by Mortblanc - 11 May 2014, 02:33
RE: Women, eh? - by bigpaul - 11 May 2014, 07:44
RE: Women, eh? - by BeardyMan - 11 May 2014, 11:43