Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Population increase in your area possible?
19 May 2014, 16:58,
RE: Is Population increase in your area possible?
I do live those phrases; "personally I feel" and "I don't think"!

Folks, you need to do some real study and reflection. You are claiming what has already been done can not now be done in the much more autocratic society that exists today. I hear whistling in the darkness.

GB now has 60 million people.

In 1939, before WW2 started you had 47 million.

You were not an empty nation filled with happy farmers even back then and have only grown about 20% in 75 years.

GB has AWAYS (at least since the 17th century) housed evacuees and troops in private homes during times of crisis. The laws even mandated how many times a week the bed linens had to be changed and the laundry done.

I will just about guarantee that if you have the ruins of a WW2 military camp in your rural area then troops were housed in nearby residences by mandate! Those housings actually overshadowed the placements of evacuees.

My Father-in-Law was a member of the US First Division and was housed in a private residence with two if his squaddies.

Now that 2 generations filled with luxury and social amnesia have passed those tidbits of life have been lost in the haze, along with strict rationing, hording laws, confiscation of property for non-compliance and (God help us all) CONSCRIPTION!

Even the US Constitution makes provisions for mandated housing of evacuees and troops in times of crisis.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Population increase in your area possible? - by Mortblanc - 19 May 2014, 16:58