Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marriage/Relationships
15 June 2014, 07:25,
Marriage/Relationships
This is an odd one, but probably well worth paying attention to for a prepper.

The strength of a marriage is very important to any survival situation. Obviously there are those marriages where a wife will stand by her husband in the middle of the street ready to fight! That is a solid unit in itself. But also the complete opposite of what I'm going to chat about.

Sorry if these seems pessimistic, but the end result is positive and helpful.

Of marriages, over 50% break up and of them around 95% is because of money problems (ironically nearly everyone vows 'for richer or poorer'. How cheap spoken words are). So clearly that's not a good thing. Infact, I guess it could well be an expensive thing if there's a house involved.

No, I'm not going to preach the benefits of prenups.

The thing is, if there is a crisis situation, the increased stress on the relationship, the pressure, and so much more, will/could cause major issues within the relationship. Unless you can show a united front and agree on courses of action, then your chances of staying together and surviving could be compromised.

For the bachelor, bachelorette, or happily divorces, you're welcome to sing a happy song. For those happily married where your relationship has already gone through hell and high-water, you can do the same. But for those whose marriage has been untested, it's worth taking note.

PLEASE do not think I am advocating that I am any kind of relationship guru. I am not Dr Phil, neither am I Jeremy Kyle. I am far from either of them, and I'm certainly not as well paid haha.

The thing is, WTSHTF, a relationship will be tested pretty strongly. As long as you're in agreement with certain courses of action, then things are looking good. We have already agreed complete dictatorship if there's a major event. However, if you do not have agreements in place, if you do not have the same moral 'hardness' or fortitude, then you could both be standing on rocky ground. The real trick is to have a united front, be in agreement, and be ready for the difficulties ahead.

Providing you at least know and expect certain things to happen in super high stress situations, then you'll be ready to weather the storm much better than most.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Marriage/Relationships - by Scythe13 - 15 June 2014, 07:25
RE: Marriage/Relationships - by Lightspeed - 15 June 2014, 08:23
RE: Marriage/Relationships - by Sunna - 15 June 2014, 15:18
RE: Marriage/Relationships - by Mortblanc - 15 June 2014, 18:45
RE: Marriage/Relationships - by CharlesHarris - 15 June 2014, 19:56
RE: Marriage/Relationships - by Mortblanc - 17 June 2014, 02:38
RE: Marriage/Relationships - by BeardyMan - 17 June 2014, 13:19
RE: Marriage/Relationships - by CharlesHarris - 17 June 2014, 20:14
RE: Marriage/Relationships - by MaryN - 17 June 2014, 20:30