Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where have you all gone ...and why !
16 August 2014, 15:48,
RE: where have you all gone ...and why !
Devonian
"Other forums survive and even thrive without the need for articles."

Yes but they cannot exist without the other issues such as regular posters, news, reviews, concerns, what they have done or discovered etc most of this forum is now just a few moderators making noble but token efforts (and I know some of them are utterly disillusioned), the members are mainly readers not contributors who rarely join in, and even fewer who actually start and maintain a thread. All credit to those over on UKP, I may not like them or agree with their policies but they do keep the posts flowing, debates going and attracting new members ( eight in the last week or so I note).

"What this forum does have in great depth is a fantastic bunch of passionate and committed survivalists/preppers, where on many other forums this level of commitment is often diluted by the many wanabees who see it as a fashionable hobby rather than a lifestyle choice."

I think in the last two years most of the former like Invisible etc have been driven off by the latter.

As SD so eloquently puts it is the members who make or break a forum.

I remind folks that this places name is SUK FORUM, not SUK Chat room or SUK newspaper.

Messages In This Thread
RE: where have you all gone ...and why ! - by MaryN - 16 August 2014, 08:32
RE: where have you all gone ...and why ! - by TOF - 16 August 2014, 15:45
RE: where have you all gone ...and why ! - by NorthernRaider - 16 August 2014, 15:48
RE: where have you all gone ...and why ! - by TOF - 16 August 2014, 16:52
RE: where have you all gone ...and why ! - by TOF - 16 August 2014, 17:04
RE: where have you all gone ...and why ! - by TOF - 16 August 2014, 17:32
RE: where have you all gone ...and why ! - by Sunna - 16 August 2014, 19:10
RE: where have you all gone ...and why ! - by MaryN - 16 August 2014, 19:46