Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's all getting a bit scary out there.......
6 September 2014, 21:49,
It's all getting a bit scary out there.......
It's getting to the point where I am reluctant to open a newspaper in case the global news has got any worse.

When I started to think about becoming a "prepper" I had a very sketchy idea of the sort of things I was going to concern myself with and try to plan ahead for, but now it would appear that a large number of those things are starting to appear out of the woodwork. We have Russia and Ukraine nose to nose and the EU and US sticking their oars in, not to mention veiled threats of the whole situation going nuclear; IS in the Middle East becoming a right pain in the butt, not to mention the possibility of all the little jihadis returning home to wreak havoc in this country; migrants in Calais causing problems for the French; potential power outtages this winter due to unplanned plant shutdowns; flooding; terrorism in general, and of course Parliament in disarray (so what's new!).

So, at what point do perceived threats become actual? I can see that all of the above have the potential to cause a lot of problems for this country, but honestly, what does one do? I have stocked up on candles and various modes of lighting; my larder is looking full; we now have a logburner (just in case), and with an open fire we at least have the potential for heating and cooking; the garden has produced magnificently and in on course to keep up supplied this winter..... I could burble on, but there just seems to be something missing from my plans. I know what it is - I have no control over any event that could wreak havoc and it's driving me mad. I can see all these horrible problems, but don't have enough information to plan for them.

I can feel an aaarghhh moment coming on.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Messages In This Thread
It's all getting a bit scary out there....... - by MaryN - 6 September 2014, 21:49