Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choose your Partner
10 December 2014, 20:30,
Choose your Partner
Did anyone else watch that programme about life on benefits last night - I think it was set in Blackpool? I sat in front of the TV, mouth open in wonderment at such people, and it started me thinking.........

I couldn't believe the sense of entitlement some of those people had; as if they were owed their benefits for doing nothing. Now imagine, not a full scale social breakdown with masses dying wilfully all over the place, no, just a partial one where a lot of people are still alive and on their feet and looking for, well, means of survival I guess. I'm not going to go all Orwellian over this, o.k. well just a bit, but what would you do if some mouthy, benefit-crazed woman turned up on your doorstep, shouting the odds. Would you do the nice thing and help out, or, repelled, turn the dogs loose? You probably won't be in some well-defended Welsh longhouse well away from the rest of the unwashed, but most likely in your own home watching things developing. So how equal is everyone? Do you choose who you help, if indeed you decide to help at all? To my shame (!), if some blobby mouthy person turned up on my door step, they would get nothing because I'm not sure I would consider them "worthy" of being helped - isn't that awful? Actually, I feel the same way about my BIL - useless tw*t - so I am obviously a bad person, but would the look and general demeanour of the person asking or demanding your assistance make a difference to how you would respond?

Or are some persons more equal than others?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Choose your Partner - by MaryN - 10 December 2014, 20:30
RE: Choose your Partner - by Devonian - 10 December 2014, 20:41
RE: Choose your Partner - by NorthernRaider - 10 December 2014, 22:20
RE: Choose your Partner - by Sunna - 10 December 2014, 22:56
RE: Choose your Partner - by NorthernRaider - 10 December 2014, 23:00
RE: Choose your Partner - by Steve - 10 December 2014, 23:52
RE: Choose your Partner - by Devonian - 11 December 2014, 00:44
RE: Choose your Partner - by NorthernRaider - 11 December 2014, 09:17
RE: Choose your Partner - by Scythe13 - 11 December 2014, 10:53