Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defending my home against intruders
1 February 2015, 19:41,
RE: Defending my home against intruders
Swords are perfectly legal to own in the UK,including the Katana (as long as it has been hand forged and not machine made you can buy a brand new one).I own several swords including the obligatory Katana.All of my swords are mounted on racks to the left of my bed.
You would be much better served with a cricket bat.
Tartar is right.A sword without any training or practice in it's use could be just as dangerous to the wielder.I practice with my swords often but keep a high quality Bokken by the side of my bed .

The idea of a burglary or home invasion is a scary thought and one I've thought often about.I've decided right or wrong that the chances of someone breaking into my home with the thought of causing me harm would be slim.And the chance of me doing time with excessive use of force is deeply concerning for me.

We don't have the castle law in this country (mores the pity) so any response by the home owner has to be able to stand up in a court of law as being reasonable force.The jury seeing pictures of a sword embedded in the chest of a deceased unarmed burglar could give your defense a few headaches.

A cricket bat is a sporting implement as well as an incidental weapon.Keep a cricket ball and some stumps near it.

Of course all of this sensible reasoning could go straight out the window if I'm faced with an intruder.In a half awake panic I could very likely just grab my favourite sharp sword,loose an arrow down the staircase or open the gun cabinet if I had time. I honestly couldn't say for sure.I hope I never have to find out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by bigpaul - 1 February 2015, 15:28
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by Sunna - 1 February 2015, 15:53
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by bigpaul - 1 February 2015, 15:58
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by bigpaul - 1 February 2015, 16:08
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by bigpaul - 1 February 2015, 18:12
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by bigpaul - 1 February 2015, 18:27
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by Talon - 1 February 2015, 19:41
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by MaryN - 1 February 2015, 20:40
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by Smudge - 2 February 2015, 09:00
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by Hex - 6 February 2015, 09:58
RE: Defending my home against intruders - by Hex - 6 February 2015, 18:54