Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking Ahead
31 May 2015, 21:18,
Looking Ahead
I've been carefully trying to get my little household prepared and ready for any potential disasters - as best as I can - and I'm getting there. But I realise that my personal focus is more on keeping things on an even keel, whilst trying to increase our self-sufficiency. This doesn't seem to level with the "prepping for world disaster" mode that some people have, and I wonder, if that is your goal, what happens if there is no disaster to prove your point. Do you have a finite limit for how long you are going to prep? Thirty years on and sod it? Or has it now become a way lof living, in which case have you become one of the "live lightly on the earth" brigade?

It's difficult not to read the daily press and become depressed at all the bad news, and the potential lurking threats. But compared to some countries this is a fairly safe place to live, and barring acts of God or a massive increase in terrorist activity, I can't see any very imminent threats. This does not mean I am stopping my quest for self-sufficiency, but occasionally I do stop and recheck my supplies of towels and linen and wonder how much of it I'm going to need.......
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Looking Ahead - by MaryN - 31 May 2015, 21:18
RE: Looking Ahead - by Sunna - 31 May 2015, 21:40
RE: Looking Ahead - by Straight Shooter - 31 May 2015, 21:51
RE: Looking Ahead - by bigpaul - 1 June 2015, 12:50
RE: Looking Ahead - by Steve - 1 June 2015, 19:34
RE: Looking Ahead - by Straight Shooter - 1 June 2015, 19:46
RE: Looking Ahead - by Mortblanc - 1 June 2015, 20:11
RE: Looking Ahead - by Straight Shooter - 1 June 2015, 21:46
RE: Looking Ahead - by Midnitemo - 2 June 2015, 01:16
RE: Looking Ahead - by Scythe13 - 2 June 2015, 22:32