Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vortex Optics
29 July 2015, 22:29,
RE: Vortex Optics
For me, I like them for loads of different purposes. The main purpose is that on a couple of spots where I shoot rabbits, there are rubbish tips of organic matter, and the rabbits very effectively blend in. With the naked eye (or cheap binocs) unless they move, you can't see them. They are that kind of blending in. So I opted to purchase a more expensive set of binocs. The difference is exceptional. At 50-100 meters, you can actually make out the difference between touch grey wood bark and grey rabbit fur! I kid you not.

They're also great for bird watching, if that's your thing, or for rabbit spotting when out with the dogs. But most binocs would be fine for this.

One of the main things I love about them though, the tough construction and amazing clarity of image. Never before have I had an "AH HA!! Now I get it!", moment, when dealing with higher cost gear. But for optics, well worth it. I'll bring them to the next Dartmoor meet, and everyone else who comes along can have a try and see the difference.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Vortex Optics - by Scythe13 - 26 July 2015, 19:05
RE: Vortex Optics - by Steve - 26 July 2015, 20:51
RE: Vortex Optics - by Skean Dhude - 26 July 2015, 20:57
RE: Vortex Optics - by Midnitemo - 26 July 2015, 21:32
RE: Vortex Optics - by Mortblanc - 29 July 2015, 00:12
RE: Vortex Optics - by Scythe13 - 29 July 2015, 22:29