Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Essex
28 July 2015, 14:34,
From Essex
Hi all and thanks SD for activation.
I'm a 52 year old bloke who actively ensures my close family and a group of like minded friends prep for that time which sustainability wise must come.
I have a wife that is right along-side with prepping and she is my main worry being a type 1 diabetic. My 28 year old son is a chip off the old block and my two younger daughters each have qualities which make them perfect for a prepping group. My son-in-law has taken to prepping and survivalism like a duck to water. I tend to favour the military style of prepping and survivalism because I believe if you have to get out then once at your BOL if you can't be easily seen you cant be easily got at. I have a location which has even impressed my closest non-family prepper friend.
I am a part time bladesmith, a route I chose to go down after an injury to my back and neck left me outside the building trade I had worked in for 32 years as a bricklayer. Myself, son, son-in-law and a few friends actively enjoy crossbow shooting. I used a fair bit of my compo to make sure my family are kitted out for the minor emergencies, those of us that can still do the major survival stuff I catered for them also. What is my major worry that sees me prepping to survive ? That would be the bit-by-bit social/economic/sovereignty stranglehold our politicos place on us and come a point I believe the people will riot. I am fortunate to have made contacts of people who have an ear in the right place, from what I receive from them and/or their direction, I am sure I am not far from the truth. I believe the political class with feather their nests while pooing on the nests of us plebs below them Angry . Anyhow, I'm looking forward to talking shop with you folks and to be honest reading your posts prior to activation has been a breath of fresh air.

WHB

Messages In This Thread
From Essex - by WHB - 28 July 2015, 14:34
RE: From Essex - by Barneyboy - 28 July 2015, 16:03
RE: From Essex - by Devonian - 28 July 2015, 17:00
RE: From Essex - by Straight Shooter - 28 July 2015, 17:28
RE: From Essex - by MaryN - 28 July 2015, 19:37
RE: From Essex - by Scythe13 - 28 July 2015, 21:00
RE: From Essex - by bigpaul - 29 July 2015, 08:35
RE: From Essex - by Tarrel - 29 July 2015, 11:03
RE: From Essex - by Skean Dhude - 29 July 2015, 11:41
RE: From Essex - by WHB - 29 July 2015, 15:50