Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Breakdown - How will you be hit?
1 August 2015, 18:19,
RE: Slow Breakdown - How will you be hit?
I/we are pretty well sitting OK for the now.
I care for my 88 year old father and our weekly shopping and bills don't cost as much as my carers allowance and my wife's salary + the son'a housekeeping comes to.
One thing I am trying to do is get our solar 12V electric system as a power-down backup.
Since reading One Second After I am now driven to keep a 12V cool-bag for my wife's insulin (usually a 5-6 month supply)
I also, just in case, will be storing the cool-bag and a couple of my radios in a Faraday cage in the storage area and have the thing earthed via a meter long copper earth-rod driven into the ground.
On the main, I am doing pretty well on the slow breakdown front. My accident compo enabled me to get in place a rather good food and water cache.

I am seeing a lot of my builder friends telling me they are again very busy. I personally think that this good indicator of the building trade is a economic false flag which was enabled by the Tory party to make the people think the worse is over. I see an unsustainable rise in earnings and loadsamoney ethos quickly returning to times where the building trade goes flat and wages are driven down with a quick 30 % cut in wages, It happened to me as one day I was earning £140 per day then was told the day-rate was dropping to £90 per day.

We as survivalists and preppers should never loose sight that we DO have spare cash but that could very quickly change upon the whim of those above us in the chain. From politicos down to our bosses who see a reduction of our wages as a way to increase their profits we should be cautious because there are no friends in business, be it political business or the business of the people that employ us.

I use the building trade as a measuring stick because when that slides many other of societies business structures follow on close behind !

WHB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slow Breakdown - How will you be hit? - by WHB - 1 August 2015, 18:19