Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SCRAP " outside looking in"
10 January 2012, 21:47,
RE: SCRAP " outside looking in"
Hi there, welcome Bobby. Like you, I am relatively new to this. However we have lots and lots and lots of camping experience (last year we "wild" camped every time we went out!) Just before Christmas I started prepping for what still feels like an imminent redundancy and, being the sole earner in a family of 5, my primary concern was food storage. Every week, for 5 weeks upto Christmas, instead of just the weekly, we bulk bought dried food (pasta/rice/dried fruit/nuts) and tinned food (tuna/beans/potatoes/veg) etc......you get the idea ! In addition to this we have, this past year, been into our "food fo free" (Collins Gem Guides do a lovely little book) and as a result of this we now know the geographical location of all fruit and nut bearing plants within a one mile radius of our home. We live in a major Northern city so competition is always stiff, jobs are becoming increasingly sparse and life, at times, can be quite vicious. Since joining this forum I believe I have increased our chances of survival by watching other members bounce ideas off one another, by being active in posting replies and reading previous posts. Finding Survival UK was probably the best start to the new year a man could have. Hope you continue to enjoy the site as much as I do.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.

Messages In This Thread
SCRAP " outside looking in" - by Bobby - 10 January 2012, 00:31
RE: SCRAP " outside looking in" - by Kenneth Eames - 10 January 2012, 06:47
RE: SCRAP " outside looking in" - by Scythe13 - 10 January 2012, 09:09
RE: SCRAP " outside looking in" - by Bobby - 10 January 2012, 14:05
RE: SCRAP " outside looking in" - by Nemesis - 10 January 2012, 09:39
RE: SCRAP " outside looking in" - by Scythe13 - 10 January 2012, 14:22
RE: SCRAP " outside looking in" - by Bobby - 10 January 2012, 18:36
RE: SCRAP " outside looking in" - by Jodansgang - 10 January 2012, 21:47
RE: SCRAP " outside looking in" - by Bobby - 11 January 2012, 20:46