Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's so easy to get a little cut/wound infection
2 November 2018, 18:53,
RE: It's so easy to get a little cut/wound infection
According to Wiki squirrel is the number 1 road kill item in the U.S., but I must say that by the time I see them they are generally flat! Depending on the time of the year it may also be difficult to get the maggots out from between your teeth.

We do not have many badgers here but the possums are plentiful, as well as an occasional ground hog. Raccoon is more plentiful than most other stuff but also smarter so they stay out of the roads and stick to looting near houses.

My parents had grown up in our Great Depression, then WW2. Both were rural settings. No money for large stocks of ammo and during the War none at all, and what you had you kept for "just in case" defense.

You killed game with a stick, rocks from a catapult, or just thrown stones. The car was also a food making tool!

They would put the old Model T in idle and let it creep down the road with the headlights on. When a rabbit was blinded by the lights it would freeze and they would run out and kill it with a stick. Population was less dense then and they could get away with that back then.

Even I myself have been known to coast along the gravel surface roads of my youth in whatever "hot rod" I owned at the time, with a friend on the hood with a .22 rifle potting rabbits out in the country. My Mom never once asked where I got them, they just appeared on the table as a treat.

At any rate there have been many times when we were driving down the road and sitting in the back seat I would hear a "plunk", and the vehicle would stop. Dad would exclaim "Just got a rabbit for supper", and I would be sent to claim the kill.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's so easy to get a little cut/wound infection - by Mortblanc - 2 November 2018, 18:53