Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22
3 November 2015, 19:14, (This post was last modified: 3 November 2015, 19:17 by Midnitemo.)
RE: Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22
I know it's an American article , but I believe it's a more credible point of view on this side of the pond in the main because of our draconian rules , I've explained about 00 buck already , we also have overall length and barrel length restriction's on our firearm's that you may not be aware off , shotgun's on section 2 need to be restricted to a maximum of 2 cartridges in the magazine and one in the breach they also must have a barrel exceeding 24 inches and they must have an overall length of not less than 40 inches , folding stocks are not allowed unless the stock has been permanently fixed open(welded) in contrast I am allowed a folding stock on my .22 the minimum barrel length is 12 inches the minimum overall length must not be shorter than 24 inches and I can have any capacity of magazine I like. my elderlies are in excess of 80 years old and mother inlaw is sub 5ft and sub 6st

.22 is a much more wieldy proposition than a shotgun indoors in the UK
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22 - by Midnitemo - 3 November 2015, 19:14