Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepping against unemployment
5 November 2015, 22:24,
RE: Prepping against unemployment
Prepping for unemployment:

The biggest thing to worry about with being made unemployed imho is finding another job, cutting costs, storing food and saving pennies are just a buffer they are a short term fix to a long term problem.

For professionals you need to stay ontop of your game, make sure you are upto date with your knowledge and skills in your chosen field. Obviously Doctors and Nurses really should have little or no problem but middle management, solicitors and accountant types may have a tougher time. Back in 2009 I took a job doing security while I was on my S.I.A course I got talking to some of the other guys on the course, amoungst the usual suspects was a HGV driver and former accountant.

Blue collar workers need to increase their employability, something as simple as a 1st Aid or 1st Responder Certificate, New Clait Certificate (Computer literacy goes along way ) or fork lift license for you factory/warehouse guys. If your present company does any sort of NVQ take it, I'm 43 and just started a new one. LearnDirect do a wide variety of courses some you may get funding for others you may have to pay out your own pocket, you can do them part time and all will increase your future employment potential.

https://www.learndirect.com/business/pro...fications/

Be willing to work, try new things even to lower your standards if need be, I know one guy who has been unemployed for 4yrs because he's holding out for a warehouse job during that time I've been in security, a stay at home dad, warehouse manager and now............. well now I work in a field where unless I get sacked for gross misconduct I should never have trouble finding another job again.

Messages In This Thread
Prepping against unemployment - by NorthernRaider - 2 November 2015, 14:39
RE: Prepping against unemployment - by bigpaul - 2 November 2015, 16:20
RE: Prepping against unemployment - by Smudge - 5 November 2015, 22:24
RE: Prepping against unemployment - by CharlesHarris - 5 November 2015, 23:02