Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guardian photo montage of gated communities
12 November 2015, 20:43, (This post was last modified: 12 November 2015, 20:48 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Guardian photo montage of gated communities
What I saw on one US rooftop set up was they blocked off the bottom end of the rain water down pipe from the roof, so the pipe became a defacto reservoir, they they shoved a length of garden hose down it connected to a 12 volt water pump. The pump was powered by a small PV panel and pumped the water out of the downpipe and into an IBC.

Badly typed the above , what I saw was images and drawings of a setup on a US rooftop

I do remember one comment that if the lift pump is working much of the day it can easily fill two IBCs , though there were no other comments to confirm it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another set up had an intercept diverter thingy cut into the down pipe which redirected the roof water through the window and into water containers stood in the shower cubicle, any excess simply overflowed the water containers and went down the plughole.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guardian photo montage of gated communities - by NorthernRaider - 12 November 2015, 20:43