Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
" Tagging" fellow Preppers & Prepettes, Preplings etc
13 January 2012, 00:55,
RE: " Tagging" fellow Preppers & Prepettes, Preplings etc
Hi all..
Why don't you use the old Civil Defence Corps badges..
See eBay item numbers 140677667413 & 120839643247

You can get pin badges the same also.
These are both very little money

What I like about the idea - is that these were made obselete in the mid 1950's or 60's when the Corps was disbanded.

They are a UK styled badge with the crown & lion.
I think that the idea of a Civil Defence Corps is not that far removed from ourselves. It is in modern times that we as civilians have taken on the responsibility for our own defence/survival and maybe later to help others & rebuild it. as the government has disbanded this organistaion, we have taken it upon ourselves for our own reasons. I think this makes it very appropriate to commandeer the redundant badge design.
It is not a military unit insignia for us as it relates to Civil defence
The pin badges can easily be worn as desired or removed. they can also be worn hidden under a lapel/collar etc.

The design is not limited to any one group. It is usefully covert with only those preppers who have been educated knowing its application. It is ideal for being able to brush off unwelcome questions from uneducated enquirers.

Also, if after PSHTF, then it may prove a useful negotiation focus when making contact with other survivors, especially if they are wary & mistrusting of strangers & if they get the drop on you. it is not just a simple badge - it is the genuine crested quality official badge. We will not be obligated to give them or anyone else a history lesson of the badge when we first meet them.

There will be no group/organisation loyalty or branding with this - so there is less ID on the individual. Also, I believe you were after a design which could be used nationally. If you start using Letters for Group ID's, then how will you keep up with the ever changing groups, in the past & in the future + many preppers do not access the whole online community so may very well not know the other groups/Letters. Me included. If one desired, then they could wear a badge also with a seperate group basis, but I do not see the point, also this is not good for intelligence reasons.

Anyway - something to ponder. TL.

Messages In This Thread
RE: " Tagging" fellow Preppers & Prepettes, Preplings etc - by Timelord - 13 January 2012, 00:55