Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barter a Skill
3 January 2016, 20:59,
Barter a Skill
Following on from BP's posting, I was struck by one or two of the items on the list. One of them was the instruction to teach someone else a skill you have mastered. It got me wondering what I could use as a skill to barter with. This is my list:

I know how to break and train horses to saddle and harness.
I have been gardening for years - things grow for me. I know how to assess my ground and how to garden by the seasons. Whilst you can never guarantee success - some things are in the lap of the gods - I have the knowledge to feed myself and my family.
I have a fair knowledge of herbs and their medical uses.

I wonder if there will come a time when such skills will be useful for bartering. In this hi-tech age of iphones, smart watches and other dinky gadgets I do wonder if people would cope with having to revert and learn the basics of survival. I'd like to be able to shoot (although OH says he will teach me); and I would like to be able to field dress and skin an animal. No, I'm not squeamish.

There must be an good spread of skills held by members of this Forum. Would you consider bartering your skills?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Barter a Skill - by MaryN - 3 January 2016, 20:59
RE: Barter a Skill - by Straight Shooter - 3 January 2016, 21:46
RE: Barter a Skill - by bigpaul - 4 January 2016, 09:22
RE: Barter a Skill - by Skean Dhude - 4 January 2016, 15:02
RE: Barter a Skill - by T-oddity - 5 January 2016, 11:38
RE: Barter a Skill - by NorthernRaider - 5 January 2016, 12:53
RE: Barter a Skill - by NorthernRaider - 5 January 2016, 12:54
RE: Barter a Skill - by NorthernRaider - 5 January 2016, 12:55
RE: Barter a Skill - by bigpaul - 5 January 2016, 16:20