Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEXTING Question
22 February 2016, 16:08,
RE: TEXTING Question
(22 February 2016, 15:06)Ranger Wrote: In the last week I've just signed up to the (free) Whatsapp app for use amongst a group of us at work as we are all self-employed and we have to work together to help each other. The reason why this may be of interest to preppers is that you can create closed groups where you only have to send one text which everyone in the group then receives so you don't have to text each individual in a family/mutual support group. You can, of course, still text people individually but a couple of advantages to this kind of group is that it saves you having to text each individual separately and as each person responds all members of the group can see the replies which allows everybody to be kept up to date on each members status. Being a bit of a techno luddite I'm not really up to how exactly you run it but I know that one person has to act as an admin/co-ordinator for the group and they have to add people to the group.

I use WhatsApp as well and its a fantastic tool for communicating with others.

One advantage of WhatsApp is that it that sends the text messages across the internet, so if you have a WiFi connection on your phone, then messages can be sent even when the mobile networks are down - assuming of course that the fixed line systems haven't also gone down....

And of course using a WiFi connection means that all the texts you send are sent free of charge - no charges for your text messages.

If you don't have a WiFi Connection you can still use WhatsApp on the mobile 3G/4G networks, but you'd have the same connectivity issues as normal texting in that situation....

Messages In This Thread
TEXTING Question - by NorthernRaider - 22 February 2016, 11:57
RE: TEXTING Question - by Ranger - 22 February 2016, 15:06
RE: TEXTING Question - by Devonian - 22 February 2016, 16:08
RE: TEXTING Question - by Lightspeed - 22 February 2016, 15:54
RE: TEXTING Question - by Lightspeed - 22 February 2016, 16:08
RE: TEXTING Question - by Straight Shooter - 22 February 2016, 17:20
RE: TEXTING Question - by NorthernRaider - 22 February 2016, 18:10
RE: TEXTING Question - by Straight Shooter - 22 February 2016, 18:33
RE: TEXTING Question - by Skean Dhude - 22 February 2016, 19:15
RE: TEXTING Question - by Devonian - 22 February 2016, 19:37
RE: TEXTING Question - by CharlesHarris - 22 February 2016, 19:51