Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tin Roof Recommendation
2 April 2016, 06:05,
RE: Tin Roof Recommendation
Excellent article LS and put together well and you cover all aspects from a practical proof of the pudding point of view , as many are aware , my planning permission has been in place for a few months, the next stage is calcs for the raft foundations and full drawings for building regulations.

When we applied for planning consent we had to give a brief description of overall finishes outer walls,roof type etc. at that early stage (to match existing) was used in order for a smooth ride TO GET permission granted.

As of yesterday (FRIDAY) i have committed to the calcs and full drawings being prepared, i have another meeting next week to finalize specifications and i intend to pursue a (tin) roof for the new build .

From a practical point of view, when i built the triple garage about twelve years back, i built in steel box section ...walls 60mm x 60mm along with the roof of the same section, all was clad in steel profile sheet externally, ALL the internal was insulated with insulation quilt (wool) then hardboard sheet was fixed over that .

This has morphed into my workshop, i have to tell you ....its very warm in winter and very cool in summer , in short its a great place to work (and play ) so i can well understand why LS is a happy bunny on many fronts....it works....and works well.

Messages In This Thread
Tin Roof Recommendation - by Lightspeed - 1 April 2016, 10:15
RE: Tin Roof Recommendation - by NorthernRaider - 1 April 2016, 10:49
RE: Tin Roof Recommendation - by Lightspeed - 1 April 2016, 12:06
RE: Tin Roof Recommendation - by NorthernRaider - 1 April 2016, 12:55
RE: Tin Roof Recommendation - by Midnitemo - 1 April 2016, 20:57
RE: Tin Roof Recommendation - by Lightspeed - 2 April 2016, 09:23
RE: Tin Roof Recommendation - by Straight Shooter - 2 April 2016, 06:05
RE: Tin Roof Recommendation - by Lightspeed - 2 April 2016, 09:53