Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denim Work Jeans
9 May 2016, 11:21,
Denim Work Jeans
Many of us chaps and chappesses in the prepper community have a bit of a thing for branded gear, Helly Hanson, Levi, Wrangler, Berghaus, 5:11, Altberg etc and many of appear to be partial to both Cargo pants and Denim jeans, I belong to that category as well but recently I have been trying to get a bit better value for money out of me kit.

So two years ago i saw a documentary that showed us that about 80% of all Denim jeans sold in Europe are made in one factory in Turkey, same staff, same QC, but prices on the labels varied from £7.99 to over £500 for a pair of jeans (SD goes nowhere without his Armanis). What varied was the basic quality of the denim clothe, quality of yarn, zipper and brasswear, but I got the impression that you paid the most for (A) the BRAND and (B) The cut.

So I thought it was time to try a change.

Normally I'm a Wrangler or LEE hog they average about £30 per pair but I did notice some folks in our little community wore Levis which can easily cost £60 to £80.

Anyway for the last 18 months I have been trying out SAINSBURIES own brand of jeans TU. The dearest of em are about £15 a pair but some in the range are as cheap as £11.50. I bought two pairs of straight cut jeans and two pairs of the slightly elasticated ones as well. Cutting to the chase I think they are great value for money I have has NO problems with them they are as good today as when I bought em. They do straight cut, boot cut, slim fit, worn look, Dark Navy, Pre washed, Black and Elasticated. So if your budget is tight and you need value for money consider these as an alternative to the expensive brands.

Messages In This Thread
Denim Work Jeans - by NorthernRaider - 9 May 2016, 11:21
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by Lightspeed - 9 May 2016, 12:13
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by Midnitemo - 9 May 2016, 12:43
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by NorthernRaider - 9 May 2016, 12:53
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by harrypalmer - 8 July 2016, 15:03
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by Midnitemo - 9 July 2016, 01:06
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by harrypalmer - 9 July 2016, 09:46
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by Steve - 9 July 2016, 10:18
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by Rocks - 13 July 2016, 18:03