Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denim Work Jeans
8 July 2016, 15:03,
RE: Denim Work Jeans
For our newer members.

'Jeans' are great but... when wet take an age to dry and when wet and in cool temperatures with wind, they can lead to hypothermia in no time at all because of the wind chill factor on your legs. There is a 'Bushcraft' saying which I believe is over used but still holds validity 'COTTON KILLS'

Jeans tend to be heavyweight cotton so go for a lighter weave. The very expensive trews from the likes of Fjallraven are good, dry quicker but cost £80+++ Army 'Lightweight' polycotton can be had for a tenner if you shop around. Craghoppers produce some good trousers, lightweight polycotton, different colours and not a lot of dosh so well worth looking at (they show up at TK Max from time to time).

Then you have Cargo trousers, often based on the American M65 trews, lots of pockets, various colours and again worth looking at. I've got at least one pair of all of the above but the M65 type are my favourite overall because you can carry so much in the pockets if you plan your kit well.

I stopped wearing Jeans when I hit 40...men over 40 in Jeans always look a bit like Jeremy Clarkson; a truly abhorrent vision.
ATB
Harry

Messages In This Thread
Denim Work Jeans - by NorthernRaider - 9 May 2016, 11:21
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by Lightspeed - 9 May 2016, 12:13
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by Midnitemo - 9 May 2016, 12:43
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by NorthernRaider - 9 May 2016, 12:53
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by harrypalmer - 8 July 2016, 15:03
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by Midnitemo - 9 July 2016, 01:06
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by harrypalmer - 9 July 2016, 09:46
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by Steve - 9 July 2016, 10:18
RE: Denim Work Jeans - by Rocks - 13 July 2016, 18:03