Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trial Attack on US Power Grid?
2 October 2016, 20:58,
RE: Trial Attack on US Power Grid?
The grid before and during WW2 was not what it is now and most rural areas did not have electricity. Even in the UK rural areas were without grid and farms ran on generator power if they had electricity.

Even in the U.S. many areas outside the urban sector were not on grid power until the 1950s. When I was growing up I had many relatives who were living where power had not reached and they were only 20-30 miles outside urban areas.

The result was that power stations were centered on urban/industrial needs and if the city was fire bombed to ashes, as most major German cities were, the Allies were not concerned with lighting for houses that did not exist. By the end of the war there were few German towns of any size that had not been hit by Allied bombs.

The bombing of the generation facilities that serviced industry, and that industry, were the primary concern.

You folks came up with some nice "blockbuster bombs" that had the sole intent of destroying the damns of hydroelectric stations. 2,000 pound goodies if I remember correctly, that sunk to the base of the damn and cracked them like an egg.

You also sent agents in, and used resistance groups, to sabotage power, communications ad transport grids using conventional explosives.

Messages In This Thread
Trial Attack on US Power Grid? - by Jonas - 29 September 2016, 15:36
RE: Trial Attack on US Power Grid? - by harrypalmer - 30 September 2016, 09:54
RE: Trial Attack on US Power Grid? - by Mortblanc - 1 October 2016, 21:00
RE: Trial Attack on US Power Grid? - by harrypalmer - 2 October 2016, 08:31
RE: Trial Attack on US Power Grid? - by Mortblanc - 2 October 2016, 20:58