Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Wonderland...oh no
1 October 2016, 18:55,
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no
Mostly in the UK we don't get the snow storms the USA gets but we get very high winds and torrential rain which can and does knock out power to thousands of home each year in the UK. Usually the power is out for anything like a couple of hours to a few days; people get by and the PTB sort out stuff like getting fresh water in and even rations when needed.

For me, today? I moved my last boxes from my old home around 04:00 this morning. I'm sitting in a house we had intended to make into a bed and breakfast hotel, surrounded by boxes including lots of food but little furniture (sold/gave away the majority). I need to finish off making this house a 'home' and not a B&B so I can sell before I leave the UK. I'd not starve for weeks here after bringing my food stash with me although what the fluck I'll do with it when I leave is open to debate, maybe find a food bank who will take all the canned and packet food and I still have around 300l of heating oil I could use in stoves and lamps and that has to go because we fitted a full gas heating system (the fuel and tank needs to be removed) before I 'show' the house to potential buyers.

I'm knackered, need a curry, a couple of pints and kip.
ATB
Harry

Messages In This Thread
Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Scythe13 - 1 October 2016, 07:52
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Skean Dhude - 1 October 2016, 10:52
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Scythe13 - 1 October 2016, 14:42
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Skean Dhude - 1 October 2016, 17:22
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Mortblanc - 1 October 2016, 18:20
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by harrypalmer - 1 October 2016, 18:55
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Straight Shooter - 1 October 2016, 21:03
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Mortblanc - 2 October 2016, 05:47
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by CharlesHarris - 2 October 2016, 15:59