Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Wonderland...oh no
2 October 2016, 05:47,
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no
SS one of the things we find over here is that during cold winter emergency conditions there is a total and complete halt to any movement outside, especially at night. If it is cold enough to sustain the presence of snow most people will not be moving about either day or night. The kids even get bored with sledding and skiing and stay inside.

The local authorities will even declare an emergency status to keep vehicles off the road and people indoors at night. It is simply too dangerous to be out and if you wreck the emergency response people are placed in danger for your irresponsibility.

I believe you are going a bit overboard with your imaginary scenario since you never experience the conditions you are proposing. I have been in the scenario you originally proposed and it simply does not play out as you are describing.

I once went through a week long grid down situation while teaching at a private boarding school with 400 kids from 10-18. We kept them warm, fed and alive for the week and even continued classes. The only real consequence anyone noticed was the mass pregnancy of almost every teachers' wife on campus along with numerous birthdays being celebrated in unison for several years afterward.

Messages In This Thread
Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Scythe13 - 1 October 2016, 07:52
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Skean Dhude - 1 October 2016, 10:52
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Scythe13 - 1 October 2016, 14:42
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Skean Dhude - 1 October 2016, 17:22
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Mortblanc - 1 October 2016, 18:20
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by harrypalmer - 1 October 2016, 18:55
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Straight Shooter - 1 October 2016, 21:03
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Mortblanc - 2 October 2016, 05:47
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by CharlesHarris - 2 October 2016, 15:59
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Straight Shooter - 2 October 2016, 18:11
RE: Winter Wonderland...oh no - by Mortblanc - 2 October 2016, 18:51