Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D Solar Panels
17 February 2017, 00:55,
RE: 3D Solar Panels
(15 February 2017, 22:29)Lightspeed Wrote: Interesting LAC.

Be careful about what they are saying. The 20x power is per sqm of footprint, not 20X the output of the cell itself.

But, from a prep point of view I like it. Mainly because I have an aversion to roof mounted panels. Such installations would be, I think, an irresistible attraction to those without electrical power after a major event. Being able to set up a high efficiency array at ground level in a secluded spot is very interesting to me.

Looking at the pics in the article, it should be possible to rig up something similar on a DIY basis. I bet that someone has already posted a how-to somewhere on YouTube.

LS

"20x power per sqm of footprint"
Would you be kind enough to provide some more detail about that or provide a link/s?

The thing is this technology is like no other solar technology currently commercially available. The technology apparently works by mimicking the way a leaf on a tree works by capturing light from many angles, not just straight on like conventional PV panels. Of course leaves have had millions of years to evolve to be very efficient at doing so, therefore any PV technology that even comes close to copying that would be phenomenal.

LAC

Messages In This Thread
3D Solar Panels - by LAC - 14 February 2017, 23:32
RE: 3D Solar Panels - by Lightspeed - 15 February 2017, 22:29
RE: 3D Solar Panels - by LAC - 17 February 2017, 00:55
RE: 3D Solar Panels - by Phil - 9 May 2017, 21:05
RE: 3D Solar Panels - by harrypalmer - 10 May 2017, 15:02
RE: 3D Solar Panels - by Straight Shooter - 10 May 2017, 18:22