Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you really worry about...if anything ?
30 September 2017, 18:21,
RE: What do you really worry about...if anything ?
SS "mutually assured destruction" was the scenario that we all lived under for all of our lives up till 1990-something and holds no real emotional trauma for me and most of my generation.

Memory being short as it is there is no wonder the general population over here does not even think about nuke war on a daily basis, or at all for that matter. Nothing they can do anyway.

And as you say, if 10% of the nukes we formerly had were used there would be nothing but cockroaches left to survive, so why get all quivery in the liver about it and act like we had the slightest chance of survival in that situation.

It is like I tell my American friends, the end of the world is the end of the world. It is not the end of the world for everyone but me or you, it is the end of the world.

"If that button is pushed there's no running away,
there'll be no one to save you with the world in the grave"

Yep, a song about the immediate, eminent and certain end of the world, and it was written more then 50 years ago when the threat was much stronger than now. We are still here.

SS you are now on "life sustaining heart meds". Cut off that supply of meds and you have about 30-90 days on this earth tops. Does not matter if it is famine, disease, social unrest, flood, nuke war or the doors of the zoo are flung open. You have until your meds run out and that is all.

All of us on life sustaining meds are in the same fix. That includes most of the population over age 60. also a big part of the population between 40 and 60. Also anyone on a gluten free allergic to everything existence, all diabetics, all on dialysis, and those being treated for any chronic ailment, which includes a huge number of the present population.

You are not keeping yourself alive, even with all the work you are doing, the meds are keeping you alive.

All the planning and work you are doing is only good for the amount of pills you have left in the bottle, and much of what you are doing might be shortening your life, not adding time to the other end.

When I accepted that situation I came to terms with reality and developed my 6 month survival plan, which I have found sustainable. I have 6 months of meds, 6 months of food, 6 months of fuel and other comforts beyond what I need to safely exist through a blizzard or long term power outage. No need to have much beyond the limits of my med supply.

A 6 month supply was achievable, affordable, and manageable. I had enough time, money and space to do all I needed to achieve that goal and it has nothing to do with expecting the "end of the world". It has everything to do with the fact that in my world there is the possibility that a weather event could alter my reality for up to 6 months before normalcy could be restored. It appears that Puerto Rico is in that situation right now and parts of my nation just 5-6 hours drive from me have weeks of work ahead to return to normalcy, even though the threat to life is past.

By developing a 6 month plan and supplies to achieve it I am also prepared for almost any emergency that I encounter in the here and now "real world".

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you really worry about...if anything ? - by Mortblanc - 30 September 2017, 18:21