Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food for thought: The variable value of our preps.
12 February 2018, 12:08,
RE: Food for thought: The variable value of our preps.
We have gas ch , this in the main heats out property pluss dhw.

We too have a few open fires that we store logs and coal for.
However these are only used 6-10 Times per season when weather is very very cold or heating ch has a problem until it's fixed.

We have built up solid fuel stock this season because the winter a seem to be getting colder longer.

This coupled with the potential gas shortage earlier months back via Austria line disruption were the reasoning.
I believe oil shortage were in highlands months back too as tankers couldn't dock in ports to unload ?.
Looking further according to scientists 2030 UK could see very extreme winter a mini ice age even.
Here in uk we are not used to such.I too can see shortages of gas,price inflation as demand surges.
Coal supply running out ,wood running out.
Over the next few years we will build up a substantial store just in case.
My own thoughts instinct not just scientists tell me that at some point the planet could face another mini ice age if not extreme temp change .
If nothing else stocking up will buffer against fuel price hikes in coal timer in future.
Other concerns are that many modern houses have no open fires or chimney so to speek for open fires anymore.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Food for thought: The variable value of our preps. - by Easy rider - 12 February 2018, 12:08