Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamo /. alternator generation back up
19 March 2018, 00:57,
RE: Dynamo /. alternator generation back up
I bet you could build a slipway to get some water flow and make an overshot waterwheel wheel with roller skate wheels for bearings and light up the world with minimal flow!

And unless you want to do just that, light up the world, you might have sufficient generation to fill many of your household needs short of running appliances.

I made the change over to LED lights, partly forced by the government I must admit, and I now light the entire house with the power I used to need for running a single bulb.

I bet you could run all of your lights and most of your computer use off a simple system of waterwheel, single battery, and a 1000w inverter.

You are making me want to start work on a solar unit again. My old system is shot and I have failed to replace it. The batteries and inverter are still in place.

The local utility company just installed a solar farm about 5 miles from my home. The grid they installed will support 1500 homes they claim. That is about the population of our county.

So I might say that I am on solar already.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dynamo /. alternator generation back up - by Mortblanc - 19 March 2018, 00:57