Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full English Breakfast
3 April 2018, 20:54,
RE: Full English Breakfast
My greatest single gripe over my present living location is that the nearest Waffle house is 5 miles away!

In my previous location I simply used the Waffle house that was between home and work as my mailing address. I knew every staff member by first name and when I pulled in the parking lot the girls would clear my regular seat and have a cup of coffee waiting when walked in. When they discovered I was moving from the area they gave me a coffee mug to remember them by. I still use it.

One nice thing about the WH is that the food is consistent, tasting the same across the nation. Best coffee on the highway system.

The one near me does not have a mobile unit. Probably is not needed due to lack of emergencies. The only time our rescue squad is called out is if some dementia patent escapes the old folks home.

Shoney's changes names across our country. Where I am now It Is called Frishes' and the food is not of the same quality as the Shoney's back home in Tennessee where the chain is based.

There was a time when the only place In town I would eat was Shoney's. It seemed that every other restaurant or fast food dump in town hired their staff directly from the prison parole roster and I had most of their staff in my college extension classes at one time or another, had read their histories and knew what diseases they had.

My all time favorite breakfast visit has always been the Cracker Barrel chain. They tend to be crowded most of the time just because they have a respectable atmosphere and excellent food. I know many people that are very picky where they eat and all of them will visit Cracker Barrel.

That used to be a favorite trip for the late wife and myself. We had done most of our courting with meet-ups at Cracker Barrel stores along the interstate highways system. We lived 5 hours apart and would drive to the half way point or somewhere near that.

They do a very good version of the "full southern breakfast" which does not require a second visit to the "bar". Their top of the menu choice requires that one have an entire table surface available for the presentation.

Cracker Barrel also locates in remote areas and they normally install a full water treatment and sewer treatment facility on location due to the volume of use and impact on the environment. I am not sure if they have a generator on site. It would make sense for them to do so with the half million dollar food investment in their coolers.

Messages In This Thread
Full English Breakfast - by Mortblanc - 2 April 2018, 21:47
RE: Full English Breakfast - by LAC - 2 April 2018, 22:58
RE: Full English Breakfast - by CharlesHarris - 3 April 2018, 00:10
RE: Full English Breakfast - by LAC - 3 April 2018, 10:30
RE: Full English Breakfast - by Straight Shooter - 3 April 2018, 11:21
RE: Full English Breakfast - by Straight Shooter - 3 April 2018, 17:06
RE: Full English Breakfast - by CharlesHarris - 3 April 2018, 17:59
RE: Full English Breakfast - by Mortblanc - 3 April 2018, 20:54
RE: Full English Breakfast - by CharlesHarris - 3 April 2018, 21:16
RE: Full English Breakfast - by Pete Grey - 4 April 2018, 17:18
RE: Full English Breakfast - by Mortblanc - 4 April 2018, 21:00