Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Survival
6 June 2018, 17:58,
RE: Street Survival
As the crime rate rises one will find their ability to avoid dangerous situations comes to a stop.

When each and every stop light becomes a crime scene and possible site for a "smash and grab" robbery or a car hijacking, every parking lot a possible site for strong armed robbery or stalking ground for rapists, and every gathering or people a possible site for a group robbery, and even your own home the possible target for invasion, brutality and injury, then there is no way to not place oneself in harms way.

Over here in the States our liberal and forward thinking local governments decided to "revitalize" one of the worst areas in our urban zone by building a series of hospital complexes in the center of the urban ghetto. Now there is a University medical school and a half dozen of the best hospitals in our nation located smack in the center of one of the most dangerous square miles of the U.S. and mass.

The street corners are claimed as possession of drug dealers and the underground and high rise parking facilities are the stalking ground of their patrons and clients. In order to receive some of my specialty care I am required to negotiate this area, and it is as dangerous as any place in Iraq, Afghanistan or the beach at Normandy and I prepare for the trips much as I did for a patrol in Viet Namn.

Besides locking my car doors I also refuse to stop at stop lights, unless there is a police car at that intersection, and make myself a target. I park as close to the elevators in the car park as I can and I am armed as I walk to the hospital entrance. I then blatantly lie when answering the question "do you own any firearms" on the medical form. No I do not own any firearms, that bulge in my pants is just because I am happy to see you! My ownership of firearms is not a concern my eye surgeon should be required to contemplate.

As I get older my options for avoidance are also reduced. I can no longer count on outrunning anyone and my brittle bones will no longer endure a bit of physical abuse. I am too old to take a beating and too old to effectively physically defend myself using any martial art known to man.

Fortunately my government has made arrangements for me to survive even in these situations and I can simply shoot the sons of b!&che$.

Messages In This Thread
Street Survival - by CharlesHarris - 5 June 2018, 03:04
RE: Street Survival - by Pete Grey - 5 June 2018, 20:18
RE: Street Survival - by MaryN - 5 June 2018, 20:54
RE: Street Survival - by Mortblanc - 6 June 2018, 17:58
RE: Street Survival - by LAC - 6 June 2018, 23:38
RE: Street Survival - by Mortblanc - 7 June 2018, 15:29
RE: Street Survival - by LAC - 7 June 2018, 17:40