Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drought
22 July 2018, 16:20,
RE: Drought
That's a tough one MB there are many variables ...Pete lives in the midlands (i think) ....in a street ? or semi or detached....in a town? in a city ? or rural location all would have problems with what you describe ..as Pete has already pointed out ICB for him would stand out ....let alone shtf ......and for that reason Pete uses Jerry cans to store water and they double up for the BOV makes sense to me...even in a sustained drought the ability to get hold of water is available to him ...even to grow stuff allbeit heavy stuff to lug about ...especially if you have high mileage on your life clock ......so where would Pete go to get some ? ....My situation is different to Pete...i have a well and a couple of streams on my ground (never has run dry in 35 years) both streams have ran dry (first time ever).....the Well has a sump tank ...i put in a year back.... that holds about 20 gallons .....i am about to build another holding tank down the line on the same run 100 gallon tank ....all these things are possible if you live in a small holding....I am very lucky living here there again that was the PLAN when i was thirty and moved in here.

One observation i have made over rescent years ....people of a similar age to me tend to leave moving out of the big family home to bloody late ! they hang on to inefficient old houses with stairs to climb , big rooms they no longer use or need and are bled dry of funds for the (privilege) of having to turn on the heating....planning for old age is not on their radar....until its to late........take heed young men prepping for your old age needs your attention.....the bastard sneaks up on you .....silently .

Messages In This Thread
Drought - by Pete Grey - 21 July 2018, 16:11
RE: Drought - by Mortblanc - 21 July 2018, 17:10
RE: Drought - by Straight Shooter - 21 July 2018, 17:45
RE: Drought - by Mortblanc - 22 July 2018, 15:30
RE: Drought - by Straight Shooter - 22 July 2018, 16:20
RE: Drought - by Pete Grey - 22 July 2018, 17:39
RE: Drought - by Straight Shooter - 22 July 2018, 19:14
RE: Drought - by Pete Grey - 22 July 2018, 19:51
RE: Drought - by Mortblanc - 23 July 2018, 16:09
RE: Drought - by MaryN - 23 July 2018, 18:15
RE: Drought - by Pete Grey - 12 August 2018, 13:43